CySCA 2014 In-a-box
To use CySCA2014 in a box virtual machines, players will need to have either Oracle VirtualBox or VMWare Player installed on their machines. Additionally we recommend players have at least 4GB of RAM. If you have less RAM, you can reduce the amount of RAM available to the VM down to 512MB, however it may adversely affect the speed of some of the challenges.
CySCA 2014 In-a-Box
Download size is:
how to start working with this
- Extract files from
- Navigate to the folder containing the extracted files
- Confirm that the checksums for the files match those in
If you are using VirtualBox double-click the
CySCA2014InABox.vboxfile. When you start the VM, you may be prompted that a "Centrino Advanced" adapter is not found. If this happens, click Change Network Settings and select the adapter that you would like the VM to bridge to.
‐‐ Or ‐‐If you are using VMWare Player double-click the
CySCA2014InABox.vmxfile. When you start the VM, you may be asked if the VM has been moved or copied. Select copied.
- If DHCP is available on the network adapter you have selected the VM will request an IP address and you will be prompted with the allocated IP. If no IP is specified you will need to set one before connecting. See instructions below.
- Use your browser to connect to
Setting up A Static IP
You can download the slides here:
- Login to the VM using the Username: user and the Password: CYSCA2014user.
sudoand your favorite editor (vim and nano are installed) to edit
/etc/network/interfacesto set a static IP.
- Reboot the VM for your static IP to take effect. Then follow step 6 in Getting Started.